Thursday, January 5, 2012

Our Daughter's Table


I just wanted to share a quick post of our daughter's table my husband and I made her for Christmas.  We found the plans for the table on Ana White's blog http://ana-white.com/2010/11/clara-table.  This is a great table and is very simple to make.  She also has plans on her site for the chairs.  I highly recommend her site as she has many great ideas.



We decided to paint her table white but I wanted to add a little girly touch to it.  I ended up adding a lace detail on the whole top of the table and it was so simple!  I purchased a few yards of cheap lace fabric at the local fabric store and simply laid it over the table and spray painted it with a contrasting color.  The lace does not need to be precise so there is no need to do anything other than lie the whole sheet over the table.  I did tape the edges of the table to prevent any overspray but I found it was not necessary.

I am in the process of adding many other details to her table and her little play corner!  I will post more pictures as I move along with this project.

{Call Me Country

No comments:

Post a Comment