Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Grapefruit Salmon with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus

There is nothing that makes me more happy than being able to cook a beautiful, good tasting meal for someone I love.  This is a recipe that is up on my husband's list of favorites so I thought I would share.



This recipe yields 4 servings

Garlic Mashed Potatoes:

8 Baby Red Potatoes
Milk
Garlic and Chive Cream Cheese
Garlic
Salt 
Pepper

Bring a large pot of water to a boil and lightly salt.  Clean potatoes, quarter and place in large pot. Allow to cook until tender (usually around 5-10 min)

Once potatoes are soft drain and mash using a fork or potato masher.   Add about a 1/4 cup of milk, 1/4-1/2 cup garlic and chive cream cheese,  a tablespoon garlic (I use garlic from a jar as I am not always a fan of the stronger flavor of fresh garlic).  Mash all ingredients.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  

Salmon:

This is the easy part.... I love No Name Original Salmon with this recipe.  Follow directions as listed on box.

Grapefruit Sauce:

2-3 Grapefruits 
2 tbs Butter 
2 tbs All Purpose Flour


Clean and juice 2-3 large grapefruit.   Strain juice and set aside juice in a small bowl. 
In a large sauce pan melt butter on medium and add flour.  Stir continuously until rough thickens being careful not to brown (about 2 min).  Gradually add grapefruit juice, while continuing to stir.  Once all juice is added allow sauce to simmer a few minutes in order to encourage thickening.  Once at desired thickness remove from heat.  

Asparagus:
1 Bunch Asparagus

Rinse asparagus and break off large ends.  I have two different methods I use so I will share both.

Broil:

Lie asparagus out on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Broil for 3 min, turning the asparagus once.  If you are working with large asparagus you might want to increase the time slightly, but making sure the asparagus remains crisp not soggy. 

Boil:

In a large sauce pan boil around 1 inch of water.  Add asparagus and cook until asparagus is bright green (approx. 2 min)

Enjoy!

{Call Me Country}

No comments:

Post a Comment