Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Everyday!

So, obviously other aspects of my life have taken over lately and I have completely neglected my blog.  Well, I am back at it.  I thought my first post should be something to win you all back.  Cookies anyone?

I am the sort of person who cannot pass up a warm chocolate chip cookie, so when my aunt served me these warm cookies I was hooked.  In order to always be able to serve my craving for a warm cookie, I keep a bag of cookie balls in the freezer.  They are so easy to make and each night I can throw a few in the oven and have a fresh baked chocolate chip cookie! Here's how:


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Everyday!




Recipe:
1 c Butter
1 c Sugar
1 c Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 tsp Vanilla
2 c Flour
2 1/2 c Oats
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Baking Powder
12 oz Mini Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a large mixer cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla.

Mix flour, oats, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl.  Add to creamed mixture.  When thoroughly mixed, stir in chocolate chips.

Bake for 6 minutes when dough is fresh, not frozen.   If cooking frozen cookie balls bake for around 12 minutes.

Some possible variations:
Add 1.5 c of chopped nuts
Blend oats in a blender to a fine powder, providing for a smoother cookie

To Freeze:


When I am making a batch of these cookies I usually freeze the majority of the dough to enjoy at a later date.  Using an ice cream scoop, create cookie balls.  Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze (this prevents one large mass of cookies stuck together).  Once frozen place in a sealed baggie. Cookies are good for around 1-2 months.

Enjoy!

{Call Me Country}





No comments:

Post a Comment